Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY: Statement Necklace With Everything I Found Lying Around

After finishing my first necklace, I wanted to try out something more difficult. I gathered all the sequins, beads, chain, felt, ribbon etc. that I had lying around and waiting to be used for something creative.










This is what I did:

Supply: blue felt (not in the picture), 1m of golden chain (from a craft store), large gold sequins, brown, green and orange beads, light and dark blue embroidery floss, 20 cm of sparkle chain (not in the picture), blue satin ribbon (not in the picture), a needle and thread.
Additionally: Paper and a pen to draw the shape of the necklace and use it as a template.

1. I draw the shape of the necklace on a piece of paper, transferred it on the felt and cut it out with scissors.

2. I cut the golden chain (using scissors and force:)) in three pieces, placed the pieces together with the sparkle chain on the felt and sewed everything with the embroidery floss.

3. Then I started filling in the links of the chain and the space between the chains with sequins and beads. Almost done!

4. Next, I cut two stripes of ribbon long enough to tie behind my neck and sewed them to each end of the felt.

5. Finally, I covered the back of the necklace with felt and sewed it up.



I had no idea I could ever make something as awesome as this. I was really surprised how it turned out because I had no mental picture about how it should look  like when it's done. Actually, that's what I enjoy the most- I just start something without any plan and then surprise myself with the outcome:)


Hope this was another inspiration for you.
Enjoy the day, weather you're celebrating Valentine's day or not.*


Love,
Emina

* I hope there're enough reasonable people out there that at least ignore this consumerist-oriented and shallow interpretation of romance day. 

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Prekrasno!!! Ideja & izrada ma sve je kreativno & profesionalno :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Premocna je!
    Bravo za kreativnost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gallery has a new shipment of fabulously fashionable Pacific Designer Necklaces. These are not for the shy wall flower. They make a bold statement and are especially suited to todays caftan fashions. Made in Fiji by local women the finding are from natural materials and contemporary resins and some of the findings come from Java.

    ReplyDelete