Wednesday, April 3, 2013

DIY: Stylish String Art

Perhaps I have mentioned it before, I am a big Pinterest addict. This is where I have seen string art for the first time and since then I was looking for an occasion to try out this technique. I also wanted to add something unique to my first piece.

And then it hit me: I'll make an awesome birthday present for a girly friend (who's name starts with an "N"). What's unique about my string art piece is the zebra background. All the string art pieces on Pinterest usually have a sterile white background. I wanted it to be more funky.







The whole process is quite straight forward. For those of you who have never had an hammer in their hands (unlike me), this could be slightly challenging- but a lot of fun!

Supply: A piece of wood, a hammer and small nails, floss and paint.



1. First, I draw the zebra pattern with a pencil and then painted it white and black (first the white, then the black). I painted the edges in a girly pink (mix white and just a pinch of red color).




2. Next, I draw an "N" on a piece of paper, covered the piece of wood with the paper and then started to hammer the nails over the paper (around 300!).




4. Then I took of the paper. I had to hammer nails all around the piece of wood as well.



5. Here comes the best part: waiving the floss all around the nails, without any order. That's it:)




Love,
Emina
Pin It Now!

3 comments: